Contracts for live gigs? posted by Last Minute Musicians

4 posts on this topic, 3030 views

Post a Reply
Contracts for live gigs? on February 22, 2014 @ 12:05 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Last Minute Musicians  Last Minute Musicians  is currently offline. Click to send a message.
Hello,

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts about using contracts for live gigs? As i'm sure we all know, many things can go wrong at a live gig and surely a contract would help solve a few issues.

However, i've met few musicians who use contracts and then moan when things go wrong! What are your thoughts?

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Contracts for live gigs? posted by Last Minute Musicians on July 19, 2015 @ 11:07 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by male Piano player & female Vocalist male Piano player & female Vocalist is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Yes I will always recommend using a contract, I used it 100% in the past, now a days use them less because I got clients that know me well and I know them well and know what to expect from them (anyhow I'm always alert) ... otherwise better use a contract for a gig.

Most of the time musicians are blamed for anything wrong in a gig, may be the flowers, the food, the weather, etc ... it can get ridiculous ... but it is common to blame the artists for any reason, unfortunately.

Another important part is to get paid in advance when ever possible, and see how things change and contractor starts to respect you ...

Re: Contracts for live gigs? posted by Last Minute Musicians on July 21, 2017 @ 8:11 pmReport this post as inappropriate#3
by Jake Theakstone Jake Theakstone is currently offline. Click to send a message.

[QUOTE id=30745 time=1437300469]

Yes I will always recommend using a contract, I used it 100% in the past, now a days use them less because I got clients that know me well and I know them well and know what to expect from them (anyhow I'm always alert) ... otherwise better use a contract for a gig.

Most of the time musicians are blamed for anything wrong in a gig, may be the flowers, the food, the weather, etc ... it can get ridiculous ... but it is common to blame the artists for any reason, unfortunately.

Another important part is to get paid in advance when ever possible, and see how things change and contractor starts to respect you ...

[/QUOTE]

Re: Contracts for live gigs? posted by Last Minute Musicians on November 4, 2021 @ 4:01 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Josh Unity Josh Unity is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hey

We've put a guide on how to get more gigs. You can read it here.

Hope that helps.

Josh

Post a Reply