Hi, I'm Symph posted by Symph

Display the complete Topic discussion.
Re: Hi, I'm Symph posted by Symph on October 5, 2020 @ 11:08 pm
by Erin Reilly Erin Reilly is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hey Symph. I read your bio and liked what you wrote about your pursuit to share the Word of God through music. I am a born again Christian and also have the desire to share the Gospel through music with Biblical themes that go beyond the surfacy feel-good 4 chord songs that you hear in mainstream "Christian" music these days.

Our world desperately needs Jesus and to know the truth, and that's my passion as a believer with a God given musical gift is to glorify Him and lead people to Christ.

I'm a singer/songwriter and also play keyboard, violin and viola. My genre is a fusion of rock and jazz and also do acoustic here and there. I'm in need of a guitarist (drums and bass would be great too) for several tunes I'm writing and can share them with you if you're interested in collaborating. Here's one I recently finished that'll give you a good sample of how I write: https://soundcloud.com/excaptiveproductions/in-thi...

Let me know if you are interested.

[QUOTE id=39496 time=1493074547]

My name is Symph, I am a rock musician who is working on an album I would describe as "Gospel Glam", cause it's like 70's punk/new wave with biblical lyrics and themes. I say biblical instead of "Christian" because christian music is usually themes of grace, forgiveness, mercy, peace, etc. My themes are more like "The Word of God is true, if you aren't living it you don't really believe it, walk the straight and narrow" etc, which is more the themes you find in old black gospel music, than modern christian music.

I'm into Roxy Music, Wire, The Beatles, Smashing Pumpkins, Buzzcocks, David Bowie, Harry Nilsson, The Beach Boys, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Buddy Holly, Staple Sisters, The Fairfield Four, The Golden Gate Quartet, Blind Willie Johnson, Sister Rhosetta Tharpe, Randy Newman, KARP, Pantera, Metallica, Pharoah Sanders, Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk, Ahmad Jamal, Lightheaded, Propoganda, Beastie Boys, and a crap ton more.

I play guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, sing, write, and compose. I have over 400 written songs, most of them are recorded. I hope we are all instant best friends.

[/QUOTE]