butterfly piano piece posted by Joel Choy

7 posts on this topic, 3858 views

Post a Reply
butterfly piano piece on December 6, 2009 @ 6:33 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Joel Choy Joel Choy is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I fell in love with this piece from my deceased friend's funeral back in May 2008. I discovered it is called butterfly and only has the mp3 version for it. I would be dying to be able to locate the scores for it to play it in memory of my deceased friend.

I tried all my bags of tricks of music recognition softwares, none of the results were satisfactory as the original mp3 version.

It is written in D major same as Cannon.

I got the name of the piece from the memoral services that it was from a Seattle company Disk Eyes Productions at www.diskeyes.com. Since then I have emailed them at least 3 times without any replies.

It might be that I am Canadian and needs a fellow American to get their services.

The key is in Disk Eyes Productions to provide the artist for this piece. It could be an improvized piece originated in Washington State somewhere.

I just need a good samaritan American to contact Disk Eyes for me to locate information for this piece.

You can hear the piece from this link below.

http://www.box.net/shared/reyhsn7fxi

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: butterfly piano piece on January 11, 2010 @ 6:40 amReport this post as inappropriate#2
by anonymous  
It could be that it was written by a private person and not published. My son wrote his first song in his head when he was 9 years old ... but we never wrote it down on paper.

Re: butterfly piano piece on January 11, 2010 @ 7:10 amReport this post as inappropriate#3

Hi Rebecca, thanks for your reply. I use widi software and got their European technical support guy to create the score from the midi file I obtained from mp3 file and still not happy with the score that was already much better than mine. It is a beautiful piece. I don't seem to get tired of hearing it.

I will contact the Seattle company for the author of it.

Re: butterfly piano piece on July 2, 2011 @ 12:40 amReport this post as inappropriate#4
I just emailed the mp3 file to the company who recorded the music. If indeed there is no music, then it is too bad. But highly unlikely because the recordings is very nice and doesn't sound like improvished and no wrong notes definitely. I tried getting the score from the mp3 file but it was never satisfactory when I compare my score with what is played. It has been almost 4 years I have searched for this piece.

Re: butterfly piano piece posted by Joel Choy on May 14, 2015 @ 1:49 amReport this post as inappropriate#5

Well, I am still working to get the score of this piece after almost 10 years ?

Don't believe it doesn't have score. It looks very structured piece.

I will work on using software again first. I would love to be able to play the entire piece exactly of what I hear. It is so beautiful for piano playing.

Re: butterfly piano piece posted by Joel Choy on November 26, 2015 @ 11:23 amReport this post as inappropriate#6
by Scott Scott is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Spock's Beard - Their Names Escape Me

Re: butterfly piano piece posted by Joel Choy on November 26, 2015 @ 4:52 pmReport this post as inappropriate#7

On November 26, 2015 David Scott wrote:

Spock's Beard - Their Names Escape Me

Is it the name of the group or the pianist ? Thanks for the lead.

Widi software did got some script after the company worked on it but it is still a lot of work to get the exact note to print right. I have been very busy with my oracle DBA work so my grand piano has not been for a number of years. Definitely soon when I fully retired.

Appreciate very much if you could explain. I got the name of the piece from the funeral director in Vancouver and the source in Seattle area but the company didn't reply me a single note so I am still searching. Piano sound turns out to be the most difficult to get back the original note. Let me know if there is a better software for this to generate back the score easily and 100% correct if you know of one.

Yes I can improvise with simple chords but I want to be as original as possible may be I am too classical a pianist.

Post a Reply