Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra

Related Links

Violin Sheet Music
to download instantly

10 posts on this topic, 5084 views

Post a Reply
Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress on January 14, 2016 @ 3:53 pmReport this post as inappropriate#1
by Mariko Barra Mariko Barra is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi, I'm an adult violinist beginner, self-taught for 7 months now and I'm absolutely enjoying everything about learning the violin. It's so exciting!!

I wanted to share my recording of Gavotte by J. B. Lully from Suzuki Book 2. Really enjoyed practicing this piece. :-)

Who has some feedback or comments for me so that I can progress and maybe some day become a good violinist?

Reply to this message by quoting it
Re: Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra on January 14, 2016 @ 11:12 pmReport this post as inappropriate#2
by Giuseppe Cerciello Giuseppe Cerciello is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi Mariko . . you are doing just fine. My only advice is to found a "decent" teacher that can suggest technical books to improve your bowing and left hand technics.

Many teachers just let you practice pieces but that's not enough at all. As I said found a decent teacher that walk you true scales - bowing & left hand exercice.

Keep up with the good work.

gC

Re: Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra on January 15, 2016 @ 11:39 amReport this post as inappropriate#3

Hi Giuseppe, thanks so much for commenting! :-) I would love to have a good teacher, but there is none where I live, not even in a 100km radius... And my internet is too slow to follow a skype lesson. So, it seems that I don't have an other option than learning by myself. But I am following some great teachers on YouTube, like Heather Broadbent, Todd Ehle and others.

I also practice scales and I am working on Etudes by Wohlfahrt, Hans Sitt and Robert Pracht.

Do you have other suggestions for good technical books?

Re: Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra on January 15, 2016 @ 1:44 pmReport this post as inappropriate#4
by Giuseppe Cerciello Giuseppe Cerciello is currently offline. Click to send a message.

. . there are many technical books however the guide from a teacher is essensial. Just playing them without knowing how to practice is no much of a help.

On January 15, 2016 Mariko Barra wrote:

Hi Giuseppe, thanks so much for commenting! :-) I would love to have a good teacher, but there is none where I live, not even in a 100km radius... And my internet is too slow to follow a skype lesson. So, it seems that I don't have an other option than learning by myself. But I am following some great teachers on YouTube, like Heather Broadbent, Todd Ehle and others.

I also practice scales and I am working on Etudes by Wohlfahrt, Hans Sitt and Robert Pracht.

Do you have other suggestions for good technical books?

Re: Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra on January 18, 2016 @ 3:54 pmReport this post as inappropriate#5
by BlueMoonMusic BlueMoonMusic is currently offline. Click to send a message.

It's sounding great! Keep it up!!!

Re: Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra on January 18, 2016 @ 6:00 pmReport this post as inappropriate#6

Thanks Merissa! :-)

Re: Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra on July 12, 2016 @ 10:32 amReport this post as inappropriate#7
by Cynthia Myra Cynthia Myra is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi Mariko.

You play well. But I would advise you to find a teacher who can meet your needs and help you play it exceptionally well. Good luck

Re: Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra on December 12, 2018 @ 12:15 pmReport this post as inappropriate#8
by seven notes seven notes is currently offline. Click to send a message.
Hi Mariko Barra,
I have listen your recording, you going good but need someone who can improve your skill set. .Find someone who can teach Private Violin Lessons near you and polish your violin skills

Re: Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra on April 4, 2020 @ 6:50 amReport this post as inappropriate#9
by amenah mehak amenah mehak is currently offline. Click to send a message.

Hi Mariko Barra,

Hopefully, you are doing great.

I am glad to see you perform. It takes a lot to self motivate and have enough enthusiasm to wake up every day and practice without any external assistance. You are already doing great.

However, I would suggest you to try out some websites or forums that help people train at home. Maybe you will find some way.

Best of luck!

Re: Adult beginner violinist: 7 months progress posted by Mariko Barra on July 5, 2020 @ 8:48 pmReport this post as inappropriate#10
by Glony Randall Glony Randall is currently offline. Click to send a message.

I'm an adult learner of the violin. I've been playing for 3 months now.

I just want to know how to do the bouncing bow technique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRV4tdgJF6c

I really want to do that bouncing technique. any tips so far?

Post a Reply